The Taxpayer Element
- ID number is the Social Security number. We have used the more general term IDNumber to allow this tag to be used for either SSN or EIN.
- The taxpayer’s name is comprised of the 6 pieces shown. We gather the first, middle initial, last name, and suffix separately to make name control and matching easier. The name is then displayed in full in the CompleteName field.
- The NameControl represents the same content that is currently used in electronic filing. Whether this would still be needed in this new methodology is unclear.
- Then we have pulled together other information that is specifically related to the taxpayer.
- There are a couple of other fields that are in this section that were deleted on this slide due to space constraints.
- The spouse has an identical element.